SBI Elite Card is a premium credit card loaded with benefits and features. This brand new card from SBI looks and feels luxurious. This card is a tough competitor for credit cards like HDFC Regalia and many more. If you’re already using a credit card then you might want to consider upgrading it to this one. Not only because of the benefits it provides but also because SBI is the most trusted bank in India, and hence you can be assured of getting great services from them.
Fees and Charges
- Joining fees of Rs.5000 plus taxes (Rs.5750) which is definitely on the higher side but considering all the benefits it comes with, it’s justified.
- Annual charges of Rs.5000 which is waived off if you spend Rs.10 Lacs.Welcome Gift
SBI offers an e-voucher worth Rs.5000 which can be redeemed at Yatra, Hush Puppies/Bata, Marks & Spencer, Pantaloons and Shoppers Stop. The joining fee for this card is also Rs.5000 which is effectively cancelled out by this voucher.
- You get 2 reward points on every Rs.100 spent (Rs.0.50 on every Rs.100)
- 10 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on dining, groceries, departmental stores.
- 10,000 bonus points on annual spends of Rs.3 Lacs and Rs.4 Lacs.
- 15,000 bonus points on annual spends of Rs.5 Lacs and Rs.8 Lacs.This means if you’re someone who spends Rs.8 Lacs in a year, you will get 50,000 bonus points which are worth Rs.12,500. Also around 16000 Regular points which will amount to Rs.4,000Club Vistara Membership
- Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership.
- Also, 1 complimentary Lounge Access Voucher (National or International) and 1 Upgrade Voucher
Airport Lounge Access
- You get 6 complimentary lounge visits (Outside India) within a year. (Maximum 2 visits per quarter)
- 2 complimentary lounge access at domestic airports.
- Get a complimentary priority pass which is otherwise worth Rs.7,000
- Only Primary Cardholders are eligible for Priority Pass.
- Complimentary membership is valid for only 2 years.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all petrol pumps across India if you purchase fuel worth Rs.500 to Rs.4,000
- This card also offers you 2 complimentary movie tickets every month when booked on BookMyShow.
- Foreign currency markup of 1.99% which is very nominal but a little higher than Yes First Preferred Card.
- 24 hours Concierge service provides exclusive assistance with gift delivery, customized holiday packages, movie & hotel reservations.
- You can easily transfer outstanding amount on any other bank’s credit card to this one with a very low rate of interest.
SBI Elite does not offer any cash back what so ever. You can get reward points but no cashback.
SBI has definitely stepped up it’s game with the launch of it’s new credit cards. While the SBI Elite credit card comes with a lot of benefits, there is nothing new or unique about this card. This is very similar to other premium cards in the market but with a higher annual fees. But having said that, it does also come with a welcome gift of Rs.5000 which is higher than other credits cards. All in all this is a decent card if you’re looking for a new one or for an upgrade to your current credit card.