Citi Bank offers one of the best credit cards in the market that is best suited for travel and shopping. The Citi PremierMiles credit card is the premium reward-based credit card that lets you earn reward points on AirMiles and on other categories. This credit card comes in two variants namely, MasterCard and Visa Card.
Before you apply for this credit card, you need to figure out your requirements and spending habits first so that you can make an informed decision. You can apply for the Citi Bank Credit Card online as well as offline. In this article, we have reviewed the Citi PremierMiles Credit Card covering all the features and benefits. Keep reading to kick start your research.
- Fees and Other charges: You can vouch for the Citi PremierMiles credit card at Rs. 3,000 plus applicable taxes. However, this credit card is given as complementary to the Citi Gold Account holders. To renew the credit card you are required to pay the renewal fee of Rs. 3,000. On defaulting the credit card payment you will be charged the interest rate of 3.75% per month. For more details on the fees and charges refer to this card’s Most Important Terms and Conditions.
- Welcome Benefits: Onboarding this credit card, the credit card holder gets 10,000 miles on spending Rs. 1,000 or more within the 60 days of card issuance as a welcome offer.
- Reward Rate: The credit cardholder earns 10 miles on every Rs. 100 spent on airline transactions and 4 miles on all other transactions. The reward rate is quite good on this credit card.
- Travel Benefits: If you avail of the MasterCard variant then you will receive 6 domestic lounge access every quarter. In case, you have availed of the visa variant, then you will receive 8 domestic lounge access every quarter with this credit card.
- Movie & Dining Benefits: With this credit card you get to save 20% on the dining bills at the partner restaurants. Whereas, unfortunately, you do not receive any movie benefits.
- Insurance Benefits: This credit card covers personal air accident insurance worth Rs. 1 crore. Moreover, the credit cardholder gets zero liability protection up to Rs. 10 lakhs with this credit card.
- Fuel Surcharge: On purchasing fuel from the Indian Oil petrol pumps, the credit cardholder gets a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on using this credit card to make payments.
To summarise, you get decent rewards and benefits with this credit card. However, there is no spend-based waiver for the renewal fee which means you will require to pay the renewal fee in order to keep enjoying its features and benefits. The earned miles can be transferred to other airlines/hotel loyalty programs so that you can have a rewarding experience. You can redeem the miles for partner airlines, travel-related categories, paying utility bills, fuel, and retail transactions, and for other categories as well. One of the best lucrative features of this credit card is that earned Miles never expire.